Bitcoin sent to your Bitkey wallet should be visible as a pending transaction within a few minutes of the sender initiating the transaction from their wallet/software. Please note that some wallets will batch transactions and delay their sending for some period of time and in these cases, the pending transaction won't be visible to Bitkey until the transaction is actually sent. If that is not the case, and it is taking longer than expected to arrive:
- Make sure your Bitkey app is connected to the internet
- Refresh your transaction history by pulling down on the Bitkey app Home Screen
- Confirm the sender has the correct address for you
- Using mempool.space or another Bitcoin explorer, search the address you provided the sender to see if the network has seen any transactions to that address. If the network doesn’t have a record for this address, you will need to contact the sender as they may have not sent the transaction or there may be an issue with their wallet.
- Ask the sender for the associated Transaction ID. Using mempool.space or another Bitcoin explorer you can research the Transaction ID further.