Most transactions should be completed and received by the recipient within the time frame you selected when you sent the transaction (10 minutes, 30 minutes, or 60 minutes). From time to time, the bitcoin network can become congested and transactions can take much longer to complete and be received by the recipient.
If the transaction is still shown as pending:
- Make sure your Bitkey app is online and connected to the internet so that it will reflect the current state of your transaction
- Check the status of your transaction on mempool.space using your transaction ID. If the bitcoin network is congested, you will be able to see when the transaction is set to be completed. See Where can I find the status of my transactions? for more information.
- Make sure the recipient’s wallet has the ability to show incoming transactions that are still pending. If their wallet doesn’t have this ability, they will not be able to see the transaction or the funds in their wallet until the transaction has been confirmed by the blockchain.
If the transaction is shown as confirmed:
- Confirm you sent it to the correct address. If you didn’t, see I sent bitcoin to the wrong address for more information.
- Make sure your recipient’s wallet is connected to the internet so they can see incoming transactions.