Here are some things you can try if your hardware device doesn’t recognize your fingerprint. After each step, try scanning your fingerprint again.
- Connect your hardware device to a power source to confirm it has a charge.
- Make sure you are using the finger you scanned when setting up your wallet.
- Ensure your finger is clean and dry.
Tip: Lotions, cuts, oil, sweat, moisture and dry skin can affect the sensor's ability to recognize your fingerprint. Some activities such as showering, swimming, exercising, or other conditions can also temporarily affect your fingerprint and the sensor’s ability to recognize it.
- Confirm you have the latest version of the firmware. See How do I know if my hardware device has the latest firmware version? for more information.
- Confirm you have the latest version of the Bitkey app. See How do I know if I have the latest version of the Bitkey app?.